Aug 30, 2009

Gerberas & Hydrangea



Gerbera daisies - planted into flowerbed, replaced 2 Yellow Marigolds that didn't do well, just 2 days before the unexpected long and heavy rains. Daisies' flowers were mostly bent to wilt. Noticed its leaves became soft (less lively) so I re-planted to lift its crown above the ground level. Gardeners advised to do that to prevent 'crown rot' and diseases.


When replanting, I noticed the bed soil is sufficiently moist so I better reduce daily watering.



Daises' leaves started to look perky.

Meantime I'm leaving both Gerberas to try established themselves until I could find something suitable to replace Gerberas' space and re-pot.


Bought a plant from Tesco - what seems like a Hydrangea (I hope so, finally!), still in buds so we don't know its actual species and bloom colour. Both Hydrangeas and Gerberas prefers afternoon shade, so I'm hoping the tall Zinnias and bushy Marigolds will help *fingers crossed*.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin