Sep 28, 2009

Hydrangea flowering



Can Hydrangea bloom twice on the same bloom? This puzzles me more. See flowers at top; those cute round balls in the center of 4 petals are buds! Flowers at bottom had their little buds bloomed. Has 2 stamen-like with shining silver tip. Plan to get a closer look tomorrow during the day.
I think it has sweet nectar because tiny crawlies (smaller than house ants and whitish colour, could they be 'aphids'?) moving upwards and downwards on this plant. I might not have exact recipe as Homemade Aphid control; but will try spraying with a solution of cooking oil, water and dish drop [1:1.5:0.24 cup].




Update Sep-30: I've added two pics (top and left) closeups on the blooms.

My bougainvillea blooming in bunches. Wonderful!

It bloomed well initially until I moved it next to a wall for creeping.
Then it was growing variegated leaves until it relocated back here.
Seems to be saying, "I'm lovin' here, so quit movin' me!".

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin