Oct 27, 2009

Quirky

Strange plant, is it a weed? Grows slower than ordinary grass weeds. Quite cute, seems evergreen to me because no buds at sight.

Stranger still, Gerbera daisy in half ?




Torenia fournieri (Bluewings) bent into 2, circled in white. It has been 2 days and still green, fresh looking. It has a bud, I wonder if it will bloom?

Whaddaya know? 4 days later, the crippled Torenia stood up!


Blooms purplish blue in real life but the photos shows them in striking blue despite Periwinkles still looked pink on photos. Amazing.



Countless buds :)

Blooms 4 days later :)






Self seeds sown early June.

Seedlings emerged late July (shown in pic) and when they've grown, I've replanted into planter box mid-Sep for bigger space. Spotted buds in late Sep only then did I realised they were Dot's Torenias, given to us last June.

Of course we were delighted :)

2 comments:

James David said...

I guess the "weed" looking plant is known as a old world climbing fern (Lygodium microphyllum) It grows wildly in abandon areas.

I like your wishbone flowers blooming together with the periwinkles - very nice colour combo.

James David said...

Hi Jamie,
I have awarded you the Scrap Blog award on my blog. I would love to have you participate, because I enjoy your blog very much. It would be great to learn more about you. If you don't want to, I understand.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin